PRE-PLOWS (Profiling of Winter Storms Phase 1) - Mobile ISS
This page holds the data plots and links for the previous phase of PLOWS in which we deployed MISS in February and March 2009. This was the precursor to the larger and longer deployment in the winter of 2009-2010.
Below are links to various plots and log files generated during this first phase of the project.
- ISS Realtime plots
- Sounding Profile Plots
- ISS plots sorted by date
- Supplemental data
- Locations of the Feb-Mar 2009 Deployments
The mobile ISS dataset for the PLOWS project can be accessed through this URL:
See the general overview for ISS datasets for a description of the dataset directory structure. For this particular project, the raw spectral data were converted from the SPC format to NetCDF using the popexam program. Those data are in the spc_nc subdirectory. See the ISS software page for information on downloading and using this software.
- EOL Overview Page for PLOWS
- MISS Page for the 2009-2010 Phase of PLOWS
- EOL Field Catalog for 2008-2009 Campaign
- ISS Description
- University of Illinois Project Home Page
- Potential sites for the second phase
- University of Alabama MIPS and MAX
ISS Group Leader: Bill Brown
Email: wbrown at ucar.edu
Data Issues: Gary Granger
Email: granger at ucar.edu