Before you download ORCAS data, please first familiarize yourself with the ORCAS Data Fair Use Policy below and accept or decline the fair-use terms.
The ORCAS data provided on this public archive are freely available and were furnished by ORCAS scientists who encourage their use. Data users are encouraged to consider the following recommendations for fair, appropriate, and optimal use of data products.
ORCAS Scientist Interactions:
- Please kindly inform the ORCAS scientist(s) associated with each data product about the new data analysis activity near the beginning of the effort, and of any publication plans as the effort nears completion.
- Consult with the respective ORCAS scientist(s) concerning your data analysis plans to assure that the latest data product is being used and that it is being used appropriately.
- ORCAS science team members are listed at https://www.eol.ucar.edu/content/orcas-science-team and in the readme documents for select data sets. Alternatively, initiate contact with Dr. Britton Stephens (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lead Principal Investigator.
- Please acknowledge the use of ORCAS data products with (1) a citation to the DOI provided at the bottom of the NCAR/EOL web page for each data set, and (2) if appropriate a citation to the ORCAS overview paper:
Stephens, B. B., Long, M. C., Keeling, R. F., Kort, E. A., Sweeney, C., Apel, E. C., Atlas, E. L., Beaton, S., Bent, J. D., Blake, N. J., Bresch, J. F., Casey, J., Daube, B. C., Diao, M., Diaz, E., Dierssen, H., Donets, V., Gao, B.-C., Gierach, M., Green, R., Haag, J., Hayman, M., Hills, A. J., Hoecker-Martínez, M. S., Honomichl, S. B., Hornbrook, R. S., Jensen, J. B., Li, R.-R., McCubbin, I., McKain, K., Morgan, E. J., Nolte, S., Powers, J. G., Rainwater, B., Randolph, K., Reeves, M., Schauffler, S. M., Smith, K., Stith, J., Stossmeister, G., Toohey, D. W., Watt, A. S., 2018: The O2/N2 Ratio and CO2 Airborne Southern Ocean (ORCAS) Study, Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc. doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-16-0206.1.
- Please acknowledge the agency or organization (e.g., NSF Polar Programs) that supported the collection of the original ORCAS data when publishing new analyses and results using ORCAS data products.
- Please provide an electronic reprint of your independent work to the data archive (https://www.eol.ucar.edu/node/6213?field_project_name=ORCAS) so that all publications resulting from ORCAS data products may be tracked, recorded, and referenced via the ORCAS Publication Page.