Measurements Provided: Image of scene ahead of aircraft. Left, right, and downward images are requestable.
Typical Sampling Rates: 1 sample per second
For GV: 1024 x 768 resolution, 62° (horizontal) x 48° (vertical) field of view.
For C-130: 1384 x 1032 resolution, 68° (horizontal) x 51° (vertical) field of view with approximately 6% barrel distortion.
History of Significant Changes:
- 2009: Dan LaGreca software for acquisition, display.
- 2011 May: added 10W heating to HIAPER camera snout.
- 2011-Nov: added 40W heating to C130 camera snout.
- 2013-Mar: C-130 camera moved to cockpit, center of windscreen.
- 2019-Aug: GV downward camera available. (Allied Prosilica GT4907 Monochrome, GigEVision)
Example(s) of Measurement: Below is a frame from a typical movie. In this sample the resolution of the image is 1/2 that of the original image which was recorded by the camera and stored in the project data archive.