2009 NSF Observational Facilities User Workshop
Download/Stream Keynote Talks
THERE IS STILL SPACE - REGISTER NOW!
14-17 June 2009
Center Green Auditorium
3080 Center Green Drive Building 1
A Workshop to Strengthen our Community Ties
Keynote Presentations by:
Guy Brasseur Eric Barron
Howie Bluestein Susan Solomon
- In-depth tours of NSF Observational Facilities;
- Veteran scientist, Bruce Albrecht from the University of Miami, and an early career scientist, Jennifer Haase from Purdue University will demystify the facility request process and share their insights on planning a “small” field campaign;
- Steve Nesbitt and Jennifer Haase from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Purdue University will present their teaching projects using the MGAUS in an educational setting as an example of a successful education request
- NSF/NCAR G-V Chief Scientist Al Cooper of NCAR will present a brownbag discussion of the status and future plans for the research aircraft;
- Steve Rutledge (CSU) will present another brownbag discussion on the proposed CHILL/S-Pol Integrated Radar Facility that will be made available to the community in the near future;
- Mohan Ramamurthy (Director, Unidata) will make a presentation on “Data Visualization”;
- Jeff Stith, Manager of the Research Aviation Facility, and Jim Moore, Project Manager for EOL’s Field Project Services will discuss the changing nature of field campaigns as technology allows us to pursue global deployments with multiple, international operations centers.
Download a high-resolution version of the Workshop Flyer here.
The file size is 11" x 17" and can be printed ledger-sized or scaled down to fit your printer.